As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September Art

Gerber Daisy

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi,
I love your flowers!!! The composition is beautiful! I know you have been working on composition and it shows.

I think the painting of the man is interesting but his arm/shoulder on the left kind of feel off to me. Do you have a pic of your original version? I would love to see the difference. I do like his face. You did a good job of that especially with the odd angle of the head.

Keep up the great work!!

Does it matter? said...

Well you nailed that problem Susan. That is what I am going to have to work on. The first version was much better but it didn't match the reference picture so I changed it and lost the vitality of the figure and it still doesn't look right.

I have quite a bit of work to do on it but my daughter came into the studio and saw it really wants it. Something spoke to her.

I want this to be thought provoking. This is a real person and a real situation....a handsome young man with a gorgeous body.

Defiance in an absurd situation.