As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My prayer today...

It is interesting how negative people and negative critical words affect one's soul and the works of our hand. It is so easy to be sabotaged by these people. Everyday I thank the LORD that He is in control of my life and my destiny and when I remind myself of that and humble myself to His will, how truly joyful and happy I become. Therefore, I resist the critical garbage coming my way and turn to prayer for encouragement.

Father, Blow upon the embers of my heart and flame up the faith that is in me this day. Give me strength and wisdom and a forgiving attitude. Help me to be Christ-like in all I do, especially in the works of my hand. Muzzle my mouth to speak only your words. I pray for those who attack me and ask your mercy be upon them for they truly do not know what they do. If it be possible, reveal yourself to them in a profound way that will transform their thinking. Thank you LORD for this season of beauty and reflection upon your goodness toward us for it is your goodness towards mankind ...that leads us to repentance. Thank you for revealing your truth to those who have been given ears to hear and eyes to see. With thanksgiving I pray .... In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: