As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Iris Against Wall



Watercolor pencils 11x16 Strathmore Cold Press 400 Series Heavy Weight

Watercolor pencils are rather difficult to control when it comes to the chroma (the green leaves). I tried to add some red and gray over the green to tone it down but it is still too intense and I fear going further would deaden it.

Still, for some reason I like this one though it is not technically where I would like to be on it. The reddish purple is not reading in the photo but it is a subtle color that I really like on the iris.

I'd like to do this in oils.


This is same paper and water color pencils.

"Sitting on couch: Whats Before Me"
Not a great piece ... the chroma is still not right but that is water color pencils for ya. Good practice however. Piano, egg collection, antiques, kids, art books, crystal, art, plastic bag wadded up, coffee, wine, and doing art sitting on my arse -- my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the iris... that is Rebecca's favorite flowers. It sounds like you had a good time. I can't wait to see your work...