As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Recent sketches...

Random sketches...and a few class work sessions.





















Here are some done with ball point pen...my favorite is a Zebra.












2 comments:

JonInFrance said...

Hi Patti!

Do you have a routine for starting these? - always follow a certain "process" for the first 2/ stages. I've just started doing gesture drawings... Jon

Does it matter? said...

Jon,

My method has evolved from practice. Lots and lots and lots of practice. It's not fun...it's hard work.

Every artist is unique and what works for me may not work for you. Just start. Strategies will develop as you practice.

How I begin depends on the figure's pose. (I'll try to explain that.)

As I have gone to class and practiced I have developed "tools" and strategies some I learned from my instructor, some I've naturally developed myself. If you like I can show you that privately via email.

I will blog on this next ... and show you what 1 minute gesture exercies look like ... and upload some of mine when I started and how they compare to more recent work. You will see a stark difference.

Patti