As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Friday, September 24, 2010

Figuring it out...need to literally smell the roses for a while.

Sometimes it is important to get away....to think.



It pays to ask and to read a lot.

Okay now I think I am getting an idea of where to go with my next painting of the roses. The secret to getting the luminous petals and range of red is via layers of glazes. I read the whole book on Painting Techniques of the Masters by Cooke (Rob Suggested on Cennini Forum), and also realized what is missing is some composition which means MORE THINKING on my part.

Ya don't just stick it in front the easel, ponder it 30 minutes, and paint it and ever hope to create quality art.

0 0
|
<>

Also....there has to be some issues with texture .... as well as chroma but I am thinking I need to look at a different red. Pyrillo Red (for the roses below previous post) from Studio Products which is a concentrated pigment and NO FILLERS.

Also, I have been studying GREEN in foliage on this trip...the texture and variety.




I cannot wait to get home and solidify what I was thinking.

No comments: