As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Friday, April 22, 2011

Returning to Art . . .









Here are some recent sketches.

I'm working on giving weight to the figure, balance, proportion, and movement.



Last figure drawing class, I had a really good night and there wasn't any good reason for that because I hadn't drawn in over a week. I was just on. I truly think I was given a bit of grace and favor to encourage me a bit...I wasn't expecting to do any good at all.






4 comments:

JonInFrance said...

Hi Patti, good to see you back... and... ...doig your best ones yet,yes! Bravo. Jon

Does it matter? said...

Thanks Jon,
I'm surprised I can concentrate on any drawing right now but for some reason last figure drawing session I was "on" and drawing much better than usual. Hoping for continued growth. Thanks for commenting. -- Patti

JonInFrance said...

I really like that crouching nude with the rod - was that in class, or reference? Jon

Does it matter? said...

Jon, That was from a photo reference and practice. I purchased several books entitled Live Model Books - Art Model 5 for the Visual Arts ... for reference and practice. My goal is to draw the figure for at least an hour every day if I can. I will post some of of classwork ... just haven't gotten around to it yet.

A model taking that crouching pose could not hold that pose for more than a few minutes and that is one reason I want to be able to draw the figure within one minute in a gesture. That is what I am working for in class. -- Patti