As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Study In Progress



This is a study in progress (SIP) on canvas board that I am doing using underpainting gray-scale with 5 values. I intend to glaze this to had very subtle color. This is white on white. I am searching for a colored object to place in the composition and see what that does to the white and the color and the composition.

It has to be something that will give the eggs relativity in size or maybe not. I am also studying folds. I'm planning to keep the table cloth white but with a white design.

Can anyone guess what I am trying to say?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is boot camP??

Does it matter? said...

Anonymous....

Wow, thanks for commenting. I get so few comments. I often wonder if everyone is really underwhelmed by my blog but blogging is therapeutic for me.

I answered on the new post. It was even more than I had hoped for. I can't wait to go to the other two camps.

Susan said...

I like your painting. White on white is so elegant. What kind of color are you thinking of adding - something bold that will reflect onto the other white objects or something more subtle? Both approaches could be interesting. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Does it matter? said...

Susan,

What ever will work. Right?

I sanded the painting today and scraped down the texture. I'm anxious to see how the maroger will work. :-|| (a toothy grin).

I am planning to crack an egg and put it in a white ramekin then place it somewhere in the composition. I want to create the translucent albumine, the yoke, and I am planning a fertilized egg with an ever so tiny spot of blood.

I am going to try and add the damask silk thread texture on the table cloth and contrast that with the smooth surface of the egg and the styrofoam plate.

A challenge. No pain no gain. Ha.

If that doesn't work, I'll just go a different direction.