As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Keeping Me Honest....

I was accused of being honest on my blog. I try to be but I'll say, I struggle with my ego just like very one else but I KNOW that for me to grow as an artist I have to realistically look at myself as the amateur that I am. That doesn't mean I will stay here but I have to work hard to humble myself and listen to critiques that I always want to be defensive over. That is why I listen to artists that I have absolute confidence in with the greatest care. It is easy to "wow" the general public; it is another thing to "wow" a colleague.

"Lord, help me always to be in this position, that I might give you all of the glory for anything I accomplish and take none for myself. Help me to stay motivated and to truly say I have done my best." Amen

1 comment:

JonInFrance said...

Well, I think one can be praised for being honest - not "accused" of ;)

I think honesty is very important in art - which would be a good comment to make over on the "Underpaintings" blog kerfuffle about modern vs representational art - that was the "pompiers'" (academic painters') problem.