As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Trying out some New Pastels....




Work in Progress...trying out pastels on little Roxie foxie (Pomeranian). Still have a bit to do.

4 comments:

Retired Liar said...

This is an attractive and tender rendering of this Pomeranian. Are you using a live animal?...is it yours? Patti, it looks like you are having fun. Kudos.

Does it matter? said...

Yes, this is our little Pom, Roxie. She is truly adorable and the best behaved sweetest dog I have ever owned. You say, "come" instantly she comes.

I'm not through with this ... and this is my first use of pastel ... so I'm learning. 8x10 in sketch pad. I think I will get some quality paper and paint this again.

Thanks so much for your comment; I value what you think.

Does it matter? said...

Yes Sylvia (my college roomie).... This is where I post my work.

I'm finally becoming the painter, sculptor and now maybe the pastel-est I really wanted to be in the first place but didn't have the guts to pursue way back when.

(Can I please do your portrait over???)

As you well remember in the late 60s a career for a woman was not very promising in business let alone art ... so I took the safe route ... I thought and chose graphic arts and had to put up with you know who .... (that's another story altogether ... I don't want to even think about.)

Remember you couldn't get a loan for a sunfish sailboat...so we sailed all over Lake Waco on a styrofoam two-man boat ... puffalufaka ... Later I could not get a credit card even though my agency's client was the bank and it was in the same building of our office...merely because I was female and single. There was great discrimination against women.

Anyhow ... I'm the happiest I've been in a long while.

JonInFrance said...

Very nice animal portrait - hope you do do another one. I go sailing every summer - son-in-law's got a little dingy - I just love sailing!