As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Sunday, November 6, 2011

Promises

Psalms 92:12 "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD [is] upright: [he is] my rock, and [there is] no unrighteousness in him."

I was at church this morning worshiping. My custom is to turn to the Psalms and read as I worship and especially during the praise singing. I opened the book randomly and this was what I read. I've been feeling my age and thinking that I have started a serious study of fine art too late in my life. I wanted to teach the Word but have been prevented. The Holy Spirit quickened my spirit and I knew the Lord was speaking to me directly from His word ... and giving me a promise for my old age. I will be fruitful. Thank you Father ... you always give me just what I need in encouragement and your promises are true.

Edit: When one walks with the Lord on a daily basis, that one's priorities are kept in their place and when the spirit is fed spiritual growth comes. I desire to be spiritually fat. I know that my relationship with the Lord directly affects all the works of my hands and everything that I do in life ... attitudes and ambitions. I desire to flourish growing a very fat soul and I shall flourish no matter what my circumstances------- ;-]

No comments: