As a man thinketh in his heart; so is he. Proverbs 23:7

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. " -Philippians 4:4-9


Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Forum Homework Assignment

The following is an AUGUST assignment from art forum.

FORUM HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT: "We'll begin with two drawings, one of a taxi (I always think of those New York Checker Taxis of the Dick Tracy era but you might have a different vision). The other drawing will be of a crab. As you know, I have quite a history with paintings those critters, so bear in mind that I will be looking at your crab with a
practised eye." -- ROB Howard (Moderator of Ceninni Forum)




CLUE # 2: Taxi-Crab. Brack and white. -- ROB



CLUE # 3: "Some of you made a joke about a taxi-crab, but that's where we're going with this. No, the final image will be about something else (and with a great story attached to it). What this evolution will be about is to take the salient parts of the taxi and those of the crab and combine them to make a new creature that shows the parentage of both (kinda like crossing a piranha with a bowling ball to produce Rosie O'Donnell). Make this new creation something that will work...something that will combine the qualities of a taxi along with those of a crab. Give it personality. I'd like to see the sketch on Friday morning. I hope that you are looking forward to this Taxi-Crab as much as I am." -- ROB

Two problems. I sort of went off on the Rosie example ... and missed the real assignment to "Make this new creation something that will work. i.e. a taxi-crab" ---ooops, hummm. Back to the drawing board for me....again. However, I did get a chuckle over this as my imagination went a little wacky. --- PAD



To see how all the other forum artists works on this assignment -- go to:
http://forums.studioproducts.com/showthread.php?t=28619&highlight=assignment

1 comment:

Darren Durrett said...

Close enough! I like it! I will have a hard time ordering crab next time... just kidding. I am glad you are enjoying art again!